Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Cilantro-Lime Rice



I have no excuses. I made this a couple weeks ago, took the picture, and forgot all about it. However, I don't know how. Such a simple yet delicious refreshing rice dish. A restaurant I am not fond of at all serves something similar in their burritos (chipotle? ew.) I promise you, THIS IS BETTER. Or atleast, I think so.

Lightly spray the pan with oil, and heat over medium-heat. Once hot, add brown rice, juice from 1/2 lime, and a handful of chopped cilantro. Voila!

We leave in a few days to make our 30-something hour trek to northern Cali, where I'll spend a night and continue on to the pacific northwest. I am tremendously excited to be there, but in no way looking forward to being away from my husband. That never goes over well with me. When I make quick trips to get groceries, I find myself speeding home to be with him. Pathetic? Maybe. But I guess dating three years away from each other, for the most part, will do that to a person. Thank God for iChat. And my cats to snuggle with.

-A

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting, please say hi!

SITE DESIGN BY RYLEE BLAKE DESIGNS