Saturday, January 2, 2010

Avocado Cucumber soup



I start off every year with a "detox". Well, what I do probably doesn't count as a detox to lemon-juice-detoxer types but it works for me. It's a simple approach that transitions me out of all the holiday junk and back into my healthy eating. I cut out sweets and get my fix from loads of fruits throughout the day, eat WAY more vegetables than normal, drink smoothies with heaps of flax and greens, drink a detox tea 3 times a day, and of course, drinking more water than seems humanly possible. It's not much different than my regular eating, just a few small differences.


I got this recipe from Gwyneth Paltrow's detox plan. It is very refreshing and I definitely wouldn't limit this to a "detox" recipe. I will be making this often, but perhaps next time only using the juice of half a lime. It was a bit tart.

Avocado Cucumber soup

1 avocado
1/2 cucumber, peeled
zest of 1/2 lime
juice of whole lime (i will use less next time if not making for a detox)

Whiz in blender until smooth.

10 comments:

  1. conveniently enough, i have all these things in my kitchen right now.

    i know what i'm trying out today!

    thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds good just as a salad as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks so delicious. I love ANYTHING with avocado, though I have a terrible time attempting to find good ones in Pittsburgh this time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm doing something verrry similar. Raw vegan 2/3 meals per day and lightly steaming or roasting vegetables for dinner. The first few days were rocky but I'm getting around to feeling a general lightness- it's lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been doing a detox for the past four days as well (I'm on the last day...woo!) and this recipe most definately fits in. Thanks for sharing!

    P.S. I just found your blog and I must say, its beautiful. Love the simplicity!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Found your blog via Joy the Baker, and can't wait to read more!

    Out of curiosity, have you considered an About Me page? I always love knowing a little more about the bloggers I follow :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I will put together an About Me tomorrow, I honestly never even thought to do it. Thanks for asking for it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I want have to know more and more, on your blog just interesting and useful information.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this.Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, please say hi!

SITE DESIGN BY RYLEE BLAKE DESIGNS